Friday, March 20, 2009

Providence


Esther 4:14
If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?

This passage from Esther occurs immediately following a decree from the king that all the Jews be killed. Esther, a Jew, is queen and in a position of influence. However, to speak up is dangerous. What should she do? God clearly placed her in this position so she could speak up, but how can she take the risk?

I have often wondered what would happen to my voice if I were in a position of persecution. Would I bravely face my oppressors, showing God’s grace and glory, or would I cower in fear, praying for words, only to tuck them away unspoken?

I don’t know what I’d do in this position. I do know that God’s plans are hard to follow sometimes. He is not a puppet master, forcing us to do his will. However, he does provide guidance.

Events that see coincidental actually are intentional. God places people n our paths, problems in our lives d blessings in our surroundings for a reason, so w can learn, grow and do his will.

He broke my heart in high school when a certain boy broke up with me, only to have my future husband introduced to me through that same boy. Do I wish I could forgo that heartache? Not if it means I lose a chance the live in the joy he has prepared for me now. I will embrace his plans, trust his providence and examine my problems. For in those difficulties lies a great opportunity for growth.

Like Esther, I am in this place for a reason. God has plan. I must trust him and follow his will.

Wise and Loving Father,
You have had a plan for me since before I was born. In your wisdom, you have not given me all the answers right now. Grant me the confidence to trust your will for me and the courage to live out the life you have planned for me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment