Saturday, February 28, 2009

All You Do



1 Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

I love road trips. I love to get in the car and drive. I love to see the landscape change by the hour. I love to dream of what will happen at our destination. When we finally get there, I feel fulfilled. We have travelled long and hard, now is the time for our reward. I love road trips, unless I’m travelling with the type of person who can’t wait to get there. They ride, the whole time complaining about the length of the trip. They push you to drive faster, stop less and take a shortcut. They can’t wait to get there. We’ll call them thereyetters.

What thereyetters don’t understand is that the drive is part of the trip. You can’t reach your destination without the journey. However, your attitude, once you reach your destination is colored by your attitude on the journey.

It’s much like that in life. We spend time in church, enjoying our time there. We worship, we pray, we go home. By Monday, it’s hard to remember what we’ve learned. Why is there such a disconnect between Sunday and Monday? Because we don’t do everything for the glory of God. Everything we do is meant to be worship. Everything we do is meant to show the world God’s grace. I try to glorify God in my work, my parenting and my friendships. My every action is meant to bring God glory. When others look at me, I want them to see the peace, conscience and joy that come only from knowing God.

Doing this, making everything about God makes my attitude in church better. It brings intensity to worship. It erases the disconnect between Sunday and Monday. Like the joy in the journey on my road trip, the worship in my daily activities colors my life. It makes me whole. I will do everything to glorify him. I will do everything to draw others to him. My life will be his canvas, I will be his song. Praise God in everything, he is good. All the time.


Glorious Lord,
You alone are able to give life. You have created this amazing world and everything in it. So often I take it for granted, just as I take you for granted. Help me to consciously glorify you in all I do and say. Make my life a life of praise, so that others see you in me.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment